Below are the existing trail closures and notice to hikers (NTH) on the Florida Trail (FNST). Trail conditions are categorized by region, with the most recent notice first. This information depends on your contributions. Please report trail conditions by contacting the FTA office at email@example.com, 352-378-8823.
Please NOTE: Permanent trail corridor changes to the FNST will be followed with an annual (each October) update to the official FNST maps. The related NTH will be removed from this website at that time.
***Florida has unpredictable weather and environmental conditions such as storms and wildfires. Sudden closures or trail notices may not be immediately reflected on our website. As an important part of planning your hike, be sure to contact or visit the website of the land managing agency for the section you to plan to hike.
Check back often for the latest information. Please visit our store for the latest trail maps.
After monitoring widespread and rapidly changing closures across the Florida Trail, the FTA is strongly recommending that the public cease backpacking on the Florida Trail, including section hiking and thru-hiking. In addition to trail and campsite closures, many local businesses typically used for resupply points are closed.
The FTA feels that ending and postponing long distance hikes during this national emergency aligns wirh widely-accepted medical, government, and scientific recommendations for avoiding exposure and limiting the spread of COVID-19 to our communities.
We are working hard to keep our Notice to Hikers page up to date with all closures and official notices, but note that this resource is not updated outside of regular business hours. Please refer to official land manager and agency websites for the most up to date information before heading out to the trail.
After careful consideration, the FTA board has made the decision to cancel and/or postpone all in-person events, including but not limited to activity hikes, trail maintenance, chapter meetings, and other meetings, until May 1. During this time, trail work done by an individual would not fall under the US Forest Service sponsored volunteer agreement, and therefore would not be covered by US Forest Service liability insurance. We will reevaluate the circumstances and update our community if this recommendation will be extended beyond May.
In addition, the FTA office in Gainesville has been closed to the public until further notice. With more FTA staff working remotely, you may notice some delays in our ability to process orders from the FTA store, process new memberships, and respond to questions. Thank you in advance for your patience.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after hiking the trail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take the necessary steps to alert land managers and other entities along the trail.
Thank you for your passion and commitment to the Florida Trail. Together, we’ll do all we can to reduce the spread and severity of COVID-19.
- 4.1.20-South Florida Water Management District Lands COVID-19 updates
- 3.24.20 – Eglin Updates
- 3.24.20 – NWFWMD Closures
- 3.24.20 – Gulf Islands National Seashore Closure
- 3.24.20 – South Florida Water Management District Closures – Covid 19 Update
- 3.24.20 – National Forests in Florida (Ocala, Osceola, Appalachicola) Closures – Covid 19 Update
- 3.24.20 – St Johns Water Management District Closures – Covid 19 Update
- 3.24.20 – All Florida Forest Service Facilities Closed – COVID-19 Update
- 3.23.20 – All Florida State Parks Closed – COVID 19 Update
- 3.21.20 – Santa Rosa County COVID-19 Closures
- 3.20.20 – FWC COVID-19 Update
- 3.19. 20- Little Big Econ and Charles Bronson State Forest COVID-19 updates
- 3.19.20 – Suwannee River Water Managment District Closures and Notices for COVID-19
- 3.18.20- SFWMD Suspends Camping for COVID-19
- 10.24.19 – Map 10 – Monkey Creek Bridge Closure
- 8.21.19 – Map 13 – Suwannee River State Park Through Trail Re-Opened
- 2.11.18 – Map 4 – Eglin Flooding Notice
- 7.24.18 – Map 13 – Ellaville Logging Closure
- 11.15.17 – Map 4 – Alaqua Bridge Construction
- 10.1.17 – Maps 2,3, 4 – Eglin Permits
- 10.1.17 – Map 2 – Guest Lake Park Campsite
- 7.1.17 – Map 6 – Econfina Logging
- 12.14.16 – Map 5 – NOW OPEN – Choctawhatchee River Section of the Florida Trail
- 1.1.16 – Map 2 – SR 87 Highway Construction – Closure of Trailhead
- 1.30.12 – Map 10 – St. Marks Bridges
- 3.3.20 – Map 15 – Big Shoals State Park Closed for Prescribed Burning
- 10.11.19 – Maps 19-20 – Free Bear Canisters Available for Rent on Ocala National Forest
- 4.8.19 – Map 29 – Reroute on Highway 50
- 3.20.19 – Map 20 – Juniper Prairie Wilderness Now Open to Overnight Camping
- 9.12.18 – Map 16 – Lake Butler Depot Accomodation Closed
- 5.12.18 – Map 15 – Big Shoals Reroute
- 12.9.16 – Map 18 – Etoniah State Forest Reroute
- 4.6.15 – Map 19 – Buckman Lock
- 3.2.15 – Map 17 – Camp Blanding Trail Relocation
- 2.14.15 – Map 16 – Lake Butler Forest Reroute
- 9.29.14 – Map 18 – Buckman Lock now open seven days a week
- 3.10.20- Map 22. Chuluota Wilderness Temporary Closure
- 1.30.20- Map 21 – Lower Wekiva River Preserve State Park Trail Closure
- 10.24.19 – Map 21 – Seminole State Forest Reroute
- 10.2.19 – Map 24 – Forever Florida Trail Open, No Camping
- 12.22.18 – Map 22 – Reroute in Oviedo along Cross Seminole Trail
- 12.3.18 – Map 22 – Spring Hammock Preserve Campsite Added
- 4.10.18 – Map 34 – Pitcher Pumps Added in Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park
- 4.3.18 – Map 35 – Micco Bluff Road Reroute
- 3.23.18 – Map 21 – Lower Wekiva River Preserve State Park Trail Closure
- 2.5.18 – Map 34 – Updated S65A Lock Access Procedures
- 12.2.17 – Map 34 – Kissimmee Prairie Preserve SP Reroute
- 12.30.16 – Map 33 – North Three Lakes Reroute
- 11.18.16 – Map 35 – Yates Marsh Reroute
- 1.22.20 – Map 37 – Lake Okeechobee Trail open from John Stretch Park to Clewiston
- 1.16.20 – Map 37 – Lake Okeechobee Construction Closure. Clewiston to Moore Haven
- 1.15.19 – Map 37-40 – Lake Okeechobee Closure Map with Open Dates
- 7.16.19 – Map 36 – Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail Taylor Creek Closure
- 12.5.17 – Map 40 – Pitcher Pump Installed at STA5 Trailhead
- 12.27.16 – Map 40 -Bee Boxes Along Levees
- 4.15.13 – Map 36 – Lake Okeechobee Taylor Creek Reroute