This year’s IDIDAHIKE will be hosted along the scenic Suwannee River, near White Springs, FL.
The total length of this hike is 8.5 miles, with take out points at the 3 and 5-mile marks for those who don’t want to hike the whole distance.
Hikers will register at the Nature and Heritage Tourism Center in White Springs. From there they will be taken to the starting point on the Florida National Scenic Trail.
- You will hike at your own pace and end up at the Center.
- Tickets are $20 each.
- Registration is from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Tourism Center.
- After you return to the Tourism Center, you may purchase lunch, explore the town, participate in other activities and visit the Stephen Foster State Park.
- T-shirts will be available for sale.
- You find more discussion at www.meetup.com/NorthFloridaTrailblazers
All proceeds will go to the Florida Trail Association, the statewide organization which builds and maintains the Florida National Scenic Trail. Please see www.floridatrail.org for more information about the FTA and its mission.
What to wear: comfortable closed-toe shoes, dress in layers, hat
What to bring: water, lunch, day pack, camera, your sense of adventure!
Camping is available at Stephen Foster State Park, and hotels are located close to Lake City along I-10 or I-95.
- Participants and volunteers are responsible for their own accommodations
Come enjoy a great day hiking along The Florida National Scenic Trail and help support The Florida Trail Association!